The Dynasty Whisper necklace tells stories of the past through the beauty of antique silk. The necklace profiles a remnant of shimmering Qing Dynasty silk, combined with a Qing coin and semi precious gem stone that descend with elegance to a brass tassel finish.
Shi glass shapes are used to showcase the delicious texture of antique silk from the Qing Dynasty (dated 1840-1875). The antique silks used in the Qing Line are remnants of wedding dresses, decorative wall tapestries and ceremonial skirts found by Cory at antique shows and auctions. The silks are hand embroidered and hand dyed, many using the Kesi style of weaving.
EACH PIECE IS COMPLETELY ONE OF A KIND. PLEASE CONTACT US TO FIND OUT THE CURRENT SELECTION OF ANTIQUE SILKS IN THIS SHAPE.
Shi Studio glass and textile fusion accessories primarily use the traditional dynastic pattern silk brocades of Southern China. Some of the pieces are full sterling silver but most of the pieces are constructed based on the principles of stained glass. For these pieces, the backings on the pendants and earrings are stainless steel and the edges are a lead-free solder made of silver, copper, bismuth and tin. There is no nickel in any of our pieces. The bails and findings, including shepherd hooks, are all sterling silver.The chains are all sterling silver or brass. We use a variety of leathers including full grain Italian cowhide and Italian lambskin. Where appropriate we use high quality vintage and upcycled garment leathers.Product Care
- These accessories are made with glass.
- Please handle with care. Do not immerse in water.
- If the solder tarnishes slightly, then buff with a rouge cloth which can be found at most jewelery stores. The solder can also be buffed lightly with super fine steel wool.
- For the complete sterling silver pieces only use a silver polishing cloth to buff.
- In order to slow the process of oxidization or tarnishing you may store your shi pieces in air tight or zip lock bags.
A little note regarding the belts: The Shi Lucky Belts are best worn with the tip positioned behind the main belt strap. They are also designed to be fitted for the first three holes closest to the belt tip.