Shi Studio's earrings can be a bold or delicate accent to complete an outfit or matching Shi pendant or accessory.
Shi Studio glass and textile fusion accessories primarily use the traditional dynastic pattern silk brocades of Southern China. Some of the pieces are full sterling silver but most of the pieces are constructed based on the principles of stained glass. For these pieces, the backings on the pendants and earrings are stainless steel and the edges are a lead-free solder made of silver, copper, bismuth and tin. There is no nickel in any of our pieces. The bails and findings, including shepherd hooks, are all sterling silver.The chains are all sterling silver or brass. We use a variety of leathers including full grain Italian cowhide and Italian lambskin. Where appropriate we use high quality vintage and upcycled garment leathers.Product Care
- These accessories are made with glass.
- Please handle with care. Do not immerse in water.
- If the solder tarnishes slightly, then buff with a rouge cloth which can be found at most jewelery stores. The solder can also be buffed lightly with super fine steel wool.
- For the complete sterling silver pieces only use a silver polishing cloth to buff.
- In order to slow the process of oxidization or tarnishing you may store your shi pieces in air tight or zip lock bags.
A little note regarding the belts: The Shi Lucky Belts are best worn with the tip positioned behind the main belt strap. They are also designed to be fitted for the first three holes closest to the belt tip.